February 11, 2011

a couple challenge pages

Hey there. I've been sick the last couple days and not really feeling the mojo. Completed a couple challenges with sketches but even with the help...nada. That's okay, let me share them with you anyhow.
First is for Project 12. To accommodate the fact I've scrapped almost every photo we took in January, I condensed the sketch to a single page. But the colors just aren't working together. It's okay, what's important is that it got done.


Second up is a page completed using the 2/6 Sunday sketch at Studio Calico, combined with Lisa's challenge to use a photo from the same month but a different year. This photo of 4 generations of our girls taken in 2008 is very special and was framed until my daughter broke it a while back. I'm glad to finally have it on scrapped. Nicole Samuels' sketch was gorgeous but it all went wrong for me starting with the misting. On a positive note, this was my first time cutting a title from patterned paper and I will def be doing this again soon! Love it!

Oh and the rosettes turned out cute too.

Hope your weekend is wonderful!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your layouts look great! I especially like the second one :) I hope you feel better soon!

~natalie

Cook Scrap Craft said...

I love those rosettes! Super cute!

ShoppingTamii said...

these are both awesome!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Great start on Project 12! You're going to love it!

PaperVine said...

LOVE the pink on the top LO. Gorgeous pics too. They look great!
Lowri
http://papervinenz.blogspot.com/

Davinie Fiero said...

I was challenged by few photos in January as well. I was saved by a kiddo with a January birthday though. :)

Thank you so much for playing along!

Jackie said...

Great job on the flowers!