November 19, 2010

Thanks with Dessert


We really are lucky to have such great neighbors and rather than waiting til Christmas to share my appreciation, I got a head start by baking and making a few cards to hand out during this season of gratefulness. It's so wonderful to know that if we need a last minute babysitter, someone to jump start the car battery or even someone to till the garden, help is only down the road.

My favorite of the set:


I found this amazing recipe for Pumpkin Apple Streusel Muffins on All Recipes and doubled it to make one set of muffins and two loafs of bread. The flavor from the apples and spices is so yummy and you get all the health benefits of pumpkin but the flavor doesn't take over. I substituted 1/4 of the sugar with brown sugar and 1/4 with honey to give it even more depth. Moist and delicious. Will definitely be making this again next autumn.


Who are you grateful for and how do you show them appreciation? I'd love to hear!

1 comment:

kate blue said...

wish I lived next door; I want both the card and the goodies!!! Great project!!