May 20, 2010

Light of My Life


Have been wanting to do a layout with a sun background for a while now, also needed to deplete some of my button stash. Journaling reads, "Aurora, Keegan, Maleah - you three are the loves of my life - you help me find purpose, you inspire me to always do my best, to give my all & to be kind. I couldn't imagine my life without you in it. Each of you shine your own bright and lovely light - I know each of you will do great things one day & will find the path to happiness."

Kinda cheesy, I feel a little embarrassed just typing it out, but very true nonetheless.

Supplies:
   Paper: DCWV, Sassafras Lass, Basic Grey
   Stamp: Basic Grey
   Ink: StazOn
   Alpha Stickers: The Paper Studio
   Markers: Sharpie
   Butterfly Punch: Martha Stewart Crafts
   Brads: Joann
   Other: Buttons, Pearl

Also wanted to share a passage I read today that really put my inner neat freak into overdrive:

"Every possession you have, from the tiniest button to the biggest piece of furniture, takes with it a piece of your time." - Mindy Starns Clark, The House That Cleans Itself

As if I had any extra time to spare. Looks like I will be doing another thorough purging soon.

2 comments:

Robin said...

I love the Light of My Life layout and the Nana layout of course! I don't think it is cheesy at all! I love how you say what you think and I love seeing that you love all your children! You are a very special young lady to me!!!

Michelle Hernandez said...

This is really beautiful- I've seen a couple of diagonal ray layouts but this one is the best executed- the buttons are a great touch! I agree with previous comment- not cheesy at all. :)