July 25, 2012

Quilt-y Progress


Remember this quilty post from way back in January? No you say? Well here is the quilt I started and am now just getting ready to finish. Eek! It's been only 7 months right? Was originally going to be a throw for the couch but will be much sweeter on baby's bed.


It also ended up quite a bit larger than crib size at about 54 x 70 inches but will transition nicely to a toddler bed and I do plan on making a couple more small blankies as well.


All of the patterned fabric is from the Nicey Jane and Modern Meadow lines - I've been hoarding saving it for several years now. Am not really a fan of all the baby blue's and these colors are perfect. If only there were a bit more orange. 

Hubby, grandma, and a few other males think it is very gender neutral - okay for a baby but not a little boy. And I suppose if you focus on the flowers, but idk. I'd never choose brown, blue and green for a little lassy.  What do you think - not boyish enough?


Just in case they are right, the back side is mostly brown with just a couple strips of blocks so it can be reversed. Two layers of batting for extra warmth and coziness. Now I just need to add the binding and it will be all ready to go!

 Hooray!!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

That is such a sweet pattern! I'm a wannabe quilter. I really admire your hard work!

Beth said...

I really like the fabrics and colors in this!