July 20, 2012

CHA-cago Highlights


Hi there! Not sure if I ever mentioned going, but just got back late Wednesday evening from a trip to Chicago for the summer CHA show. It was a really amazing time full of ideas, inspiration, and some really fabulous friends too. Mind if I just share some tons of photos today?


I drove the 350-some miles there, which really wasn't too bad except for those pesky toll booths. Not much to see from the Interstate, kinda like driving across Iowa.


My roomie Steph and I stayed at the Hyatt. Nicest hotel I've ever been in :)


Monday was for sightseeing and seminars. We saw the bean...


the Roy Lichtenstein installation at The Art Institute of Chicago...



along with American Gothic...


and had a tasty lunch at the Park and Grill in Millennium Park.


Tuesday was for networking - not sure if these hand-stamped business cards are very professional, but they are very me :)


putting names together with faces - (Kirsty from Some Odd Girl and Leah L'Orange)...


meeting scrappy celebs like Heidi Swapp...


and finding out even the most talented in the industry are super-duper sweet (with Teri Anderson).


Oh and there was Chicago-style deep dish pizza too!!


I met my mentor and friend Jennifer Priest (thank you so much for all the introductions and hold-holding!)


whose breathtakingly beautiful mixed media dress was chosen as Editor's Pick!!


A couple of my projects made it into the Clearsnap booth and I filmed an actual in-person technique video for them as well. It was like speech class all over again! Eeek!


Oh and let's not forget all the new products! But this is getting kinda lengthy, so I will save them for another post :)

Hope your week has been great! Hugs ♥

2 comments:

Hydrangea Hippo - Jennifer Priest said...

Soooo glad you got to come to the show and have an adventure with us!! hoping all that networking pans out into awesome opportunities for you :)

Unknown said...

it was so awesome to get to meet you in person! :D