February 7, 2012

Valentine's Mantel


I just love Valentine's Day!! All the hearts and pink and sweetness is just what my girly heart lives for. The kids helped me put together some decorations for our makeshift mantel and even though it took a couple weeks it's finally mostly complete.

(Please don't judge my dirty walls! There are 6 sticky little hands running around here at all times and spring cleaning is still months away :))


Silhouettes in some Hobby Lobby frames. There are lots of fancy ways to make these in Photoshop and what-not, but we simply cut and traced profile photos onto brown cardstock. They look exactly like the kids too!


14 little handcut hearts hanging on the perfect, wispy little branch. Dipped in aqua paint for an extra shot of color.

The glittered wooden letters are my favorite!! Except I don't think there's any way to keep all that glitter from spreading all.over.the.house. Spray-on Mod Podge almost helped. : /


And of course we have to have some tissue paper pom-poms and lanterns. They were transfer nicely to the girls' room when the holiday is over. The kids cut out the whole banner using my Big Shot, some Sizziz dies and a heart punch. So simple.

So are you decorating and/or crafting for Valentine's? Be sure to link up your paper projects at Paper Issues - open til the 14th.

Bye!

2 comments:

Colleen Dietrich said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful decor with us, Sabrina! It's so pretty to see.

Paper Issues said...

I.Need.To.do.this.now. Oh my goodness! I love it!