January 23, 2012

Thinking of You / It's Black & White

Hi there, hope your Monday has started off right! I took a small blogging break last week - one of my husband's closest friends passed away and it just wasn't a good time to be on the computer. I know you understand.

I created this card with his family in mind and used the color pallette from PDCC115.


Layered cards aren't normally my style but I've been feeling really inspired lately by cardmakers such as Lea L. and Michele and decided to give it a go. I really like the results too!


Lots of dimension and a little pocket to pull the message out from. Almost all of these supplies came right out of my scraps bin too, so bonus!


Here is the lovely, earthy inspiration piece if you'd like to try it too.

Also took on another challenge this weekend from CAS-ual Fridays which was surprisingly more difficult than expected. I started out with one design in mind and ended up with 2 totally different cards somehow.


The first is pretty simple and straightforward. I repeated the sentiment without reinking the stamp to get a gradient effect and a little color diversity (hope that's not cheating!)


And for the second I went with a valentine's card even though I think most of us know that love is anything but black and white. :) Also pretty simple but to add a little something extra, I punched one of the circles with a heart punch and stamped a heart inside.


That's all folks. Hope the rest of your day is wonderful!

PS. My ribbon giveaway is still open til the 28th if you are interested.

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

love love LOVE your happy B&W card - even if it does make my eyes go a bit funny! x

Dana Tatar said...

Thanks for the fabulous inspiration!

Sasha Farina said...

your cards are so precious!! i'm sorry for your loss.. *hugs* ...

Colleen Dietrich said...

I'm so sorry about your husband's friend. :(

Your cards are really neat, each very different in style. Love the keys dangling on that black and white card.

The vintage one is unique and beautiful! I'm so glad you entered it with us at THe Play Date Cafe this week.

Take care. :)

Chandra said...

I love your card creations! When I have to buy them I always try to find something that's not so generic...which isn't easy! Maybe I need to start making my own. Thanks for the inspiration.

Jaclyn Miller said...

All are wonderful creations. I love how you've decorated that paper sack. It's got a great, warm feel to it. Thank you for playing along with The Play Date Cafe.

Dana said...

These are all great. I particularly like the simple chevron one. Gorgeous stamping. So happy you played along with CAS-ual Friday this week!