June 10, 2011

Bubble Dress revisited


A facebook friend contacted me a while back asking if I could make a bubble dress for her little sweetie's 3rd birthday. Of course I said yes and was even more excited to find out I could select the fabric in a color scheme she liked - pink and brown. Found this vintage-y print at Joann's and fell in love even though it's not exactly pink. The brown polka dots go so well with it, don't you think? I really, really hope she likes it too!


This version is a bit dressier and I made some changes like the elastic in the bottom (the first was hard to run in), and making the bow a belt rather than just sewn to the front. There is also a zipper in the back since this material doesn't stretch - forgot that to begin with and had the bias tape sewn on before I realized no head could fit through the hole! Oops!


And one more view from the back. Heading out to drop this beauty in the mail right now.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow this is adorable! Sabrina you are a wiz with that sewing machine!I think i need some lessons from you :-)