January 27, 2011

Grandma Teeny


The kids and I celebrated my husband's grandma's, ahem, 29th birthday with her a few weeks back and it occured to me that we didn't have a scrapbook page just about her. The challenge last week at Studio Calico was to use fabric on a layout and it just so happens that Grandma Teeny is a fellow fabric lover so using the Sunday Sketch I created this page about her birthday. Around the edge is actual bias tape too.

I measured and cut out squares on the cardstock then trimmed the fabric on the back. I stitched around it, quite similar to what Waleska did on the original layout, and gave a spritz of mist to finish it off. Nice and simple and colorful - just like I like it!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Gorgeous - love it!!

Michelle Hernandez said...

Sabrina! This is GORGEOUS!!!!!! LOOOOVE how you used fabric for the squares and the border is FANTASTIC! I entered a page too but I think yours should win!