September 17, 2010

A Night Owl


Its amazing what you can do when you move outside your comfort zone - this layout was created using Vee's monochromatic challenge over at Studio Calico this week - this may be my favorite layout to date. I had these pictures of my daughter playing on the kitchen table, far past her bedtime, with terrible lighting. When I saw this layout by Emily Pitts, it took me back to my high school collage days and I knew just what to do with them. Despite the lack of vibrant color, it still turned out fun and maybe even a little sophisticated.


I'll have to try these sort of challenges more often, in all areas of my life - you never know what delightful surprises might be waiting just around the unknown.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Great take on Vee's challenge! Love how you cut the pics out.

Jennifer said...

cute!! :)