September 24, 2010

Cherry Bomb Mini

After renting The Runaways awhile back, I just had to dig out this micro mini skirt that I made 7 or 8 years ago. Most people either hate or love the 80's and I confess to be a big fan of the fashion of this era. Acid washed denim and shoulder pads? Yes, please!! I recall digging through the thrift racks to find the perfect pair of high waisted, back pocketless jeans only to get them home and discover they were made to fit a short prepubescent boy. The jeans into layered skirt trend was going on back then so I turned them into this super short creation. In my carefree teenage days, I wore it with brightly colored tights and band t-shirts and now I love the way it looks layered over dresses - almost like an oversized belt.

Do you have a piece of clothing from your adolescence that you've given new life in your current wardrobe? Do share.

No comments: