August 11, 2010

Through the looking glass


This picture of my mom and me at age one is the only photo I have of us together as a toddler. What happened to the others I will never know. And since it's so special it's been sitting aside until just the right idea came to mind for it.

It just so happened that this past weekend I was cleaning off my very messy desk when this broken mirror handle surfaced from under the piles. The glass broke a year or two ago and I intended to use it as a frame, but you know how good intentions go sometimes. It got lost in the "file away for future to do projects" heap. The photo and the mirror seemed like a perfect fit - looking back at my mom when she was my age, looking at myself and finding the similarities and differences in us at that age, this age.

This frame is just from a cheapo Goody mirror but I bet this would be especially pretty with an old white, antique looking glass. The background is cut from corrugated cardboard which keeps it from being too girly.

Love, love, love this picture, this piece.

Supplies:
Prima, Maya Road, Basic Grey, Jenny Bowlin, The Girl's Paperie, Cosmo Cricket, ribbon

No comments: