August 26, 2010

Family Treasure


Your siblings are the real family treasure right? Parents just don't have big families like they used to. I know I certainly couldn't manage 8-plus kids and have no idea how mothers of generations past maintained their sanity. Different times, different roles. This photo is of my husband's grandmother and her five sisters and two brothers (there were nine siblings total) at a family picnic a few summers back. I love that even though many of them live in different states, they still make it a point to all get together on a regular basis. So often you hear about so and so being upset with so and so and years long grudges held between family members and other silly, petty things that people let keep them apart - it's just nice to know that it is possible to get over it and get along.   

Supplies: My Mind's Eye, Graphic 45, Sassafrass Lass, October Afternoon, Jenny Bowlin, Hambly, Basic Grey, Cosmo Cricket, Dear Lizzy for AC, Girl's Paperie, Fiskars

1 comment:

Jacinta said...

My hubby is one of eight! I love it as it is so different/crazy/hectic/fun with all these cousins/inlaws/aunties/uncles etc. I just have one sibling so it is the total opposite of what I grew up with. But no matter how many siblings you have, family IS definitely the most important thing.

www.modelmumma.blogspot.com