My husband makes a big fuss out of my deviled eggs and since I get a lot of compliments on them, I thought it would be nice to share my secrets. So here is the recipe; I just improvise on the quantity of ingredients.
1. boil one dozen eggs for 10 minutes. drain hot water and run under cold water until the eggs are cool enough to handle (otherwise the outside of the yolk turns that moldy green color)2. crack middle of shells all the way around and peel off. rinse eggs to remove any stray shell bits
3. slice eggs lengthwise and remove yolk; set yolks aside
4. mash yolks with a pastry blender or a fork until they resemble a crumbly flour mixture
5. in seperate bowl, mix 1/3 cup mayo, 1/3 cup miracle whip, 1/4 c dijon mustard, 1 tbsp horseradish, 1 tsp salt and a couple daps of hot sauce. add yolk crumbles to mayo mixture and mix well with a fork. it will be a little lumpy. an immersion blender might solve that problem.
6. spoon mixture into a sandwich baggie and close. snip the tip off of one corner and squeeze mixture into the egg cup. there will probably be leftovers to top off the eggs again.
7. sprinkle with paprika.
Now go and make your own! Soon your family will be asking you to make these so often you'll regret you ever did! (Kidding, but I only make these for special occasions now days. a little longing is healthy i think.)