May 4, 2010

For My Mother

Since this coming Sunday is Mother's Day, and my mom still doesn't use the computer, I figure it is safe to share the hanging photo/layout that I created for her. As I'm sure you know, I am in love with scrapbooking and it is kind of leaking over into all the other crafty things that I do.



This photo turned out so blurry and I'm not sure if it is the lighting or the camera. But I adore this photo of my mom. She looks so happy and is starting to look just like grandma. The message says "just wanted to let you know how happy I am to have you as a mom and how lucky Aurora is too." Here are a couple close-ups of the embellishments:


The brown ribbon rosettes, which are so stunning, are from Webster's Pages. You can find them at my favorite ebay seller, yourscrapbooksupply. She has lots of the latest products that were just released and they are always on sale from the start. Lots of good deals and shipping discounts.
I made the fabric rosettes from Rora's baby clothes that were too stained to keep but too pretty to discard. It adds an extra bit of sentimentality for grandma. The whole layout is popped into a 9x12 acrylic art box so it can hang on the wall. I hope she loves this frame as much as I loved making it.


Another project that I considered and would make a lovely and classic mother's day corsage was this beautiful and incredibly realistic felt dahlia from Not Martha for Holidash. It is already saved on my To Do list - I will probably make some in neon colors and add them to ponytail holders for my girls.
 

On my wish list for Mother's Day is this set of canisters from Liberty of London for Target. Almost every review states they are too small to practically store your flour, sugar and such - and I am a very practical girl - but the girly floral prints make my heart pound in a way I just can't ignore. My hubby has already agreed to build me a pantry stand for the kitchen and I am reserving the top shelf just for these. ♥


No comments: