May 27, 2010

"A" Frame


I am so excited to have finished this monogramed wall hanging this week inspired by copied from Christy from Sweet Tidings. It was originally meant to be a cover for a scrapbook album but it turned out too flimsy to actually use. The doilies came from my husband's grandma and the brown base fabric was from an old pair of work pants. The "A" is hand embroidered using satin stitch; I also used the same green floss to stitch the doilies on. My husband made the frame from barn board, which I painted and used a staple gun to put staples every 1.5" on the inside of the frame, then weaved the fabric onto it.

Here is the piece I ended up putting as a title page in our 2010 scrapbook. One doily is fabric and the others are rub-ons from Hambly.


I'm off to watch Sherlock Holmes, goodnight!

No comments: