May 9, 2010

a day off


I'm not sure how other mothers enjoy mother's day, but I spent the morning sleeping in, drinking coffee while returning a slew of Happy Mother's Day! text messages and sharing a quick chat with my own mother and wonderful mother-in-law. The hubs looked after all my motherly duties (for the most part) while I spent the rest of the day being super productive at my craft table. Can't wait to share those projects later this week!

On Saturday night, we took the kids to a birthday party for a little lady who was turning six years old. I always like to make something special in addition to a purchased gift and this is what I came up with...


card using one of my favorite stamps, the silhouette, from Studio Calico

dahlia headband made with help from this tutorial by Not Martha, modeled by my Rorabear        


And these hair clips, made of scrap fabric rosettes, backed with felt and topped with bling

The hair accessories got an "oh cute" and she wore the headband around for a while so I guess she liked them. ♥

Ladybug Girl and Bumblebee Boy
I also ordered her this book from Amazon, but it didn't arrive on time. Bummer.


Time to retire to the couch and enjoy whats left of my day off. Happy Mother's Day. ♥

No comments: